Chapin 8500B 200-Pound Stainless Steel Professional Rock Salt Drop Spreader
We currently have 145 in stock.
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm.
Advertencia: Cáncer y Daños Reproductivos.
Avertissement: Cancer et Dommages Reproductifs.
Chapin's professional salt spreaders are designed and built to provide you superior performance.
- 36-inch (91.4 cm) deep drawn Stainless Steel hopper (seamless with no welds) 200-pound (90.7 kg) capacity
- Discharge holes located behind the wheels for a full 36-inch (91.4 cm) drop width
- Independent left and right solid linkage gate controls
- Drive train - split axle, wheels drive left and right agitators independently to break up salt
- Stainless steel drive chains resist corrosion and provide unfailing torque to destroy clumps of salt
- Third idler wheel for easy maneuvering Pneumatic tires for maximum traction
- Recommended for small and pelletized particulates: salt, ice melt, halite, potassium chloride, magnesium chloride and calcium chloride
- Recommended for large particulates, inconsistent in size: rock salt and ice melt
Applications: Rock Salt, Ice Melt
Storage & Maintenance
- When finished spreading empty hopper of any remaining material
- Thoroughly wash spreader with a garden hose after each use. Some ice melt products, such as magnesium chloride will cause rusting to any stainless steel in wet conditions.
- Be careful not to spray directly in the gearbox
- It is recommended you DO NOT use a power washer on your spreader
- Clean the drive chains with a soft cloth or brush and a solvent containing Mineral Spirits to remove dirt and grime. Re-lubricate the chains using a non-detergent petroleum-based oil with a viscosity of SAE 20 to 40. Chains should be cleaned and lubricated at least once a month.
- Allow to fully dry before storing
- Check tires for proper inflation after storing spreader for long periods. Inflate to 20 psi.
IMPROPER USE OR FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAN RESULT IN PRODUCT FAILURE OR INJURIES. FOR SAFE USE OF THIS PRODUCT YOU MUST READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
|Ref. #||Qty||Part No.||
|2||1||6-8281||Gate control assembly|
|3||1||6-9078||Wheels with Hardware|
|5||1||6-8276||Gate drive kit|
|6||1||6-8277||Auger bearing kit|
||1||6-8283||Slide gate hardware|
Not all parts are available for purchase on our website. Please call Customer Service to order parts if you don't see your part listed. 1-800-444-3140
|Hopper Construction||stainless steel|
|Hopper Capacity||200 lb (90.7 kg)|
|Frame Construction||stainless steel|
|Handle Type||t-handle with rubber grips|
|Handle Material||stainless steel|
|Gate Control||adjustable lever|
|Gear Construction||metal alloy|
|Agitator Type||dual grinder|
|Axle Material||metal alloy|
|Wheel Size||14 in (35.56 cm)|
|Item Dim. In. (LxWxH)||58 in x 29 in x 29 in|
|Item Weight In Pounds||75.5 (34.25 kg)|