Poly Open-head Pumps: Disassembly and Lubrication
Models that contain a 30160-9 pump assembly: 22049XP, 22149XP, 26011XP, 26021XP, 26031XP, 22170XP 22180XP, 22190XP, 22790XP, 22090XP, 22251XP, 22240XP, 22230XP, 21127XP, 22360XP, 22350XP, 21210XP, 21220XP, 21230XP
Models that contain a 301233 pump assembly: 30600, 31410, 31420, 31430, 31440
- Put one hand on the barrel and your other hand on the pump handle.
- Pump the handle a couple of times to build some momentum.
- On one of your upward strokes, pull the two pieces of the pump apart as hard as you can.
- Check underneath bottom valve and make sure is clean and free of debris.
- If the bottom valve is deformed, cracked or warped it will cause the liquid product to back up into the pump assembly.
- Be sure to replace the bottom valve once you have determined it is still in good working order.
- Next pull the pump apart by pushing the two locking tabs on either side of the pump in and up. You will want to push those tabs in and up with a screwdriver. Once released, pull the pump rob assembly out.
- Now check your plunger “O” ring by pulling the “O” ring off & inspect it for cracking, splitting or warping. If the ring looks OK then re-lubricate it with Vaseline or grease.
- Slide plunger back into the pump housing, line up the two side tabs and when you hear them click that is your indication that it is now secure.
- Inspect pump seal that goes to the tank, if it looks OK again apply some grease or Vaseline around the seal, realign the tabs with the collar slots and snap back into place.