Servicing your Chapin Poly shut-off
Troubleshooting/Service RB Shut Off 1/4” Hose with Retainer Nut (6-2000 and 6-4626) & 3/8” Hose with Crimp Clamp
Models: 20000, 20001, 20002, 20003, 20075, 26010, 26020, 26030, 27010, 27020, 27030, 31440, 31410, 31420, 31430, 30600, 25020, 25012, 25010, 29001, 29002, 29003, 2658E, 2659E, 2660E, 22350XP, 22360XP, 20075
- Grab the trigger you push down to make it spray and pull it straight up and off. It should pop right off.
- Using a flat headed screwdriver, push the tab in each of those notches until you hear it click.
- If you look at the top of the handle you pulled the lever off of, you should see four slots in the same shape with a knob coming up out of the middle of it.
- Line the four prongs on the lever up into the four slots in the top of the handle. Using the lever as a wrench, turn it to the left (counter clockwise) to unscrew the bushing until you can lift it out and set it aside.
- If you look into the handle, you should see a little piece of rubber about the size of a nickel.
- Tap the handle until that little piece of rubber pops out into your hand.
- If you look at the piece of rubber you should see a dimple.
- Place the piece of rubber back in the handle with the dimple pointing up towards you.
- Place the bushing back in the handle and screw it back in being careful not to over tighten it. Only tighten it until the threads are flush with the top of the handle.
- Slide the end of the lever with the “U” shape under the knob on the handle and push the lever down. It should snap right back on to the handle.